- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Esquina Review
Anchoring a downtown corner under a bright neon sign, La Esquina looks like nothing more than a fast-food taqueria, with cheap tacos sold to-go until 2 in the morning. Just around the corner, though, is a modestly priced café serving those same tacos along with more ambitious fare like chiles rellenos (stuffed peppers) and carne asada (grilled meat). The real hipster draw, however, is hidden from sight: the basement brasserie, like a Mexican speakeasy, is accessible by reservation only, through an unmarked door just inside the ground-floor taqueria. Once inside, you'll discover a buzzy subterranean scene with pretty people drinking potent margaritas, dining on upscale Mexican fare. Prices downstairs are high, but portions are large.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more