- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Museum of the Moving Image
Museum of the Moving Image Review
Like switching to a widescreen television, the Museum of the Moving Image is twice as nice as it was before the 2011 expansion and renovation. The Thomas Lesser design includes a three-story addition and a panoramic entrance to this museum full of Hollywood and television memorabilia. Exhibitions range from "Behind the Screen" which demonstrates how movies are produced and shot to watching the live editing of Mets baseball games as they happen on SNY. Classic family films are shown as matinees on Saturdays and Sundays, while the museum also has a section devoted to video artists for visitors looking for some culture. Film buffs will love the film retrospectives, lectures, and other special programs.
- Address: 36–01 35th Ave., at 37th St. Astoria, Queens, NY 11106 | Map It
- Phone: 718/777–6888
- Cost: $12; free after 4 on Fri.
- Hours: Wed. and Thurs. 10:30–5, Fri. 10:30–8, weekends 11:30–7
- Website: www.movingimage.us
- Subway: R, M to Steinway St.; N, Q to 36th Ave.
- Location: Queens
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more