- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Parker Meridien
At a Glance
- lively, animated spirit
- best hotel gym in the city
- fun eating options
- tech-friendly rooms
- lobby is a public space
- small bathrooms
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Le Parker Meridien Review
A splash of kookiness in otherwise staid Midtown, the Parker Meridian combines the comforts of a dependable large hotel with elements of whimsy that keep visitors coming back. The little touches shine through. Start with the lobby, where lines form for iconic patty-palace Burger Joint, hiding behind a velvet curtain. This carefully dressed-down fast-food restaurant serves one of the city's best patties. If you've got more scratch, there's always the famous $1,000 omelet at Norma's for brunch or breakfast, though the restaurant also serves slightly more cost-effective options. Rooms are modern functionalist, with low platform beds and televisions hidden in recessed, cherry-paneled cabinets that rotate. Views of Central Park are worth asking after, though city views are also impressive. The 20,000-square-foot gym is one of the largest in the city, and now includes a blow-dry bar, mani-pedi boutique and the Moonshine Spa. One caveat: the boffo lobby, with marble floors, archways supported by hand-painted columns, and an espresso bar that converts into a bar at night, can get crowded at peak times.
- Address: 119 W. 56th St., between 6th and 7th Aves., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/245-5000; 800/543-4300
- Website: www.parkermeridien.com
- Subway: B, D, E, N, Q, R to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 511 rooms, 215 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $114* & up -- Flights for This Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
·Arizona Forum, California Forum, Massachusetts Forum, Nevada Forum, New York Forum, Pennsylvania Forum, Tennessee Forum, Washington, D.C. Forum
We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more