- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Parker Meridien
At a Glance
- lively, animated spirit
- best hotel gym in the city
- fun dining
- tech-friendly rooms
- lobby is a public space and gets crowded at peak times
- small bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Parker Meridien Review
The Parker Meridian combines the comforts of a dependable large hotel with whimsical elements that keep visitors coming back. In the boffo lobby, lines form for iconic patty-palace Burger Joint, hidden behind a velvet curtain, which serves one of the city's best no-frills burgers. If you've got more scratch, there's always the famous $1,000 omelet at Norma's (the restaurant also serves slightly more cost-effective items). Rooms are modern functionalist, with low platform beds and televisions hidden in recessed, cherry-paneled cabinets. It's worth asking for a Central Park view, though city views are also impressive. The 20,000-square-foot gym is one of the largest in the city, and now includes a blow-dry bar, mani-pedi boutique, and spa.
- Address: 119 W. 56th St., between 6th and 7th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/245–5000; 800/543–4300
- Website: www.parkermeridien.com
- Subway: B, D, E, N, Q, R to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 513 rooms, 216 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more