- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Crowds wait hours for the ramen noodles at Ippudo, the first American branch of the Japanese chain, and if you ask, loyal patrons will say it's all about the rich, pork-based broth—there is a vegetarian version available but it lacks the depth of flavor. Those really in the know, though, make sure to order the sleeper hit appetizers like the peppery chicken wings or the pork buns. It's not a hole in the wall ramen spot, so although a meal here is relatively inexpensive, it's not dirt cheap.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more