- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Queens Museum of Art
Queens Museum of Art Review
Between the zoo and the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park, you'll find the Queens Museum of Art. Don't miss the astonishing Panorama, a nearly 900,000-building model of N.Y.C. made for the 1964 World's Fair. Many unsuspecting park visitors looking for a bathroom instead find themselves spending hours checking out the intricate structures that replicate every block in the city. There are also rotating exhibitions of contemporary art and a permanent collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany stained glass. The museum underwent a major expansion in 2013 which resulted in more exhibitions and education departments, a cafe, a bookstore, and places for children's activities.
- Address: Between 111th St./Grand Central Pkwy. and Van Wyck Expressway at 44th Ave., Flushing/Corona, New York, NY 11368 | Map It
- Phone: 718/592–9700
- Cost: $8 suggested donation
- Hours: Wed.–Sun. noon–6; call for extended hrs in July and Aug.
- Website: www.queensmuseum.org
- Subway: 7 to 111th St. or Mets–Willets Point.
- Location: Queens
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more