- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Chatwal New York
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- state-of-the-art room controls and amenities
- excellent service
- some visitors may find the price too high for a Time Square location
Check Rates from our Partners
The Chatwal New York Review
A lavishly refurbished reincarnation of a classic Manhattan theater club, the Chatwal delivers a stylish, luxury experience with a matching price tag. The loby, saturated in red leather and marble, with gilded touches, plays on the property's Art Deco legacy. Guest rooms and suites—some with terraces—are opulent yet understated, with faux-leather cabinets designed to resemble classic luggage; Shifman mattresses and Frette linens; and interactive bedside consoles that control lighting, television, and curtains. The Lamb's Club restaurant is a destination, with a roaring fireplace, plush leather banquettes, and seasonal New American cuisine. There's also a nicely appointed bar with cocktails by mixology guru Sasha Petraske. The small, well-appointed spa offers a laundry list of pampering treatments.
- Address: 130 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/764–6200
- Website: www.thechatwalny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M, 7 to 42nd St./Bryant Park.
- Location: Midtown West
- 50 rooms, 26 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more