The Chatwal New York
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- state-of-the-art room controls and amenities
- excellent service
- some visitors may find the price too high for a Time Square location
Check Rates from our Partners
The Chatwal New York Review
A lavishly refurbished reincarnation of a classic Manhattan theater club, the Chatwal delivers a stylish, luxury experience with a matching price tag. The loby, saturated in red leather and marble, with gilded touches, plays on the property's Art Deco legacy. Guest rooms and suites—some with terraces—are opulent yet understated, with faux-leather cabinets designed to resemble classic luggage; Shifman mattresses and Frette linens; and interactive bedside consoles that control lighting, television, and curtains. The Lamb's Club restaurant is a destination, with a roaring fireplace, plush leather banquettes, and seasonal New American cuisine. There's also a nicely appointed bar with cocktails by mixology guru Sasha Petraske. The small, well-appointed spa offers a laundry list of pampering treatments.
- Address: 130 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/764–6200
- Website: www.thechatwalny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M, 7 to 42nd St./Bryant Park
- Location: Midtown West
- 50 rooms, 26 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in New York City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More