- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Chatwal New York
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- state-of-the-art room controls and amenities
- excellent service
- expensive—some visitors may find justifying such high prices for a Times Square locale difficult
Check Rates from our Partners
The Chatwal New York Review
A lavishly refurbished reincarnation of a classic Manhattan theater club that lay fallow for decades, the Chatwal New York delivers the luxury experience in style, with the price tag to match. The current architectural style plays on the property's Art Deco legacy with a lobby saturated in red leather and marble, with gilded touches. There's also a compact, stunningly appointed bar with cocktails by mixology guru Sasha Petraske. Guest rooms and suites—some with terraces—are opulent yet understated with distinctive furniture such as cabinets wrapped in faux leather designed to resemble classic luggage. Beds feature renowned Shifman mattresses and Frette linens, and interactive consoles contained within bedside telephones mean you barely have to move to control lighting, television, and curtains. The Lamb's Club restaurant in the lobby, with a roaring fireplace, plush leather banquettes, and seasonal New American cuisine is a destination in its own right. The small, well-appointed Red Door Spa features three treatment rooms and a laundry list of pampering treatments.
- Address: 130 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/764–6200
- Website: www.thechatwalny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M, 7 to 42nd St./Bryant Park.
- Location: Midtown West
- 50 rooms, 26 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more