- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Chatwal New York
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- state-of-the-art room controls and amenities
- excellent service
- some visitors may find the price too high for a Time Square location
Check Rates from our Partners
The Chatwal New York Review
A lavishly refurbished reincarnation of a classic Manhattan theater club, the Chatwal delivers a stylish, luxury experience with a matching price tag. The loby, saturated in red leather and marble, with gilded touches, plays on the property's Art Deco legacy. Guest rooms and suites—some with terraces—are opulent yet understated, with faux-leather cabinets designed to resemble classic luggage; Shifman mattresses and Frette linens; and interactive bedside consoles that control lighting, television, and curtains. The Lamb's Club restaurant is a destination, with a roaring fireplace, plush leather banquettes, and seasonal New American cuisine. There's also a nicely appointed bar with cocktails by mixology guru Sasha Petraske. The small, well-appointed spa offers a laundry list of pampering treatments.
- Address: 130 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/764–6200
- Website: www.thechatwalny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M, 7 to 42nd St./Bryant Park.
- Location: Midtown West
- 50 rooms, 26 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more