- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton New York Fashion District
At a Glance
- reasonable prices for a great location
- small closets
- trying to be trendier than it is
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton New York Fashion District Review
This addition to the Hilton chain is part of the emerging Fashion District neighborhood, previously known as the garment district, on the upper edge of Chelsea, and fashion is the theme here—the lobby is done in rich textiles with multicolor spools mounted on a white board behind the front desk. Rooms are modest in size but snappy, with decor that subtly evokes the hotel's theme: pinstriped rugs resemble a men's suit, and orange ottomans are dead ringers for Hermès Kelly bags. An arrangement with the nearby Fashion Institute of Technology brings student art to the walls as well. The RARE View rooftop lounge is on the 22nd floor and has stunning views of the city, including the Empire State Building looking north and an expansive collection of iconic wooden rooftop water towers. RARE Bar & Grill, a Manhattan burger-and-steak franchise, has a cavernous location downstairs.
- Address: 152 W. 26th St., between 6th and 7th Aves. Chelsea, New York, NY 10001 | Map It
- Phone: 212/858–5888
- Website: www3.hilton.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, B, D, F V, N, Q, R, W to 34th St./Penn Station.
- Location: Chelsea
- 280 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more