Fodor's New York City 25 Best
Hilton New York Fashion District
At a Glance
- reasonable prices for a good location
- small closets
- trying to be trendier than it is
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton New York Fashion District Review
Fashion is the theme at this Hilton, which is located in the emerging Fashion District neighborhood (previously known as the garment district) on the upper edge of Chelsea: the lobby is done in rich textiles with multicolor spools mounted on a white board behind the front desk. Rooms are modest in size but snappy, with pinstriped rugs that resemble suits and orange ottomans that are dead ringers for Hermès Kelly bags. An arrangement with the nearby Fashion Institute of Technology brings student art to the walls as well. The RARE View rooftop lounge is on the 22nd floor and has stunning views of the city, including the Empire State Building looking north and an expansive collection of iconic wooden rooftop water towers.
- Address: 152 W. 26th St., between 6th and 7th Aves., Chelsea, New York, NY, 10001 | Map It
- Phone: 212/858–5888; 212/858–5889
- Website: www3.hilton.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, B, D, F V, N, Q, R, W to 34th St./Penn Station
- Location: Chelsea
- 280 rooms
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few of us bought tickets to go to a Mets game on July 4 as MLB was honoring the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's speech (http://www.fodors.com/community/fodorite-lounge/75-years-ago-tomorrow-lou-gehrig-made-a-great-speech.cf... Read more
Part One Manhattan Day 1 Wednesday April 30, 2014 Spring reportedly had sprung in New York City and surrounding areas, so... Read more