- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Marc Forgione Review
Chef Marc Forgione has restaurant success in his blood (his father was one of the New York food scene megastars with his 1980s restaurant, An American Place) but he more than holds his own at this neighborhood restaurant that continues to attract crowds for the ambitious, creative New American cuisine. The menu changes frequently but whatever you order will be bold, flavorful, and inventive without a hint of preciousness. Meat dishes are excellent and well-prepared but Forgione has a special way with seafood. His chili lobster appetizer, a take on a dish you'll find all over Asia, comes with Texas toast for mopping up the spicy, buttery sauce. Tartare (perhaps kingfish, hamachi, or salmon, depending on the day) is accented with avocado in a pool of sweet, soy-lashed sauce.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more