- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
At a Glance
- hip design
- cavernous closet space
- great service
- scene-making restaurant and bar
- limited budget dining options in neighborhood
Check Rates from our Partners
The Mark Review
The Mark is the perfect combo of uptown panache and downtown chic. The hotel sparkles from top to bottom, from the striped marble floors and modernist furnishings in the lobby to the cow-print upholstery in the chic bar just off the entrance. Rooms are opulently appointed in very modern style, with plush Italian linens, Sub-Zero freezers for ice, and more closet space than most New York City apartments. Bathrooms have marble floors, decadent sunken tubs, and enough towels to dry a small nation. There's a state-of-the-art gym and a posh Frederic Fekkai salon for blowouts and benefit-worthy color jobs. The hotel restaurant, the Mark by Jean Georges Vongerichten, has become a bona-fide destination for well-heeled locals and neighborhood visitors alike.
- Address: 25 E. 77th St., at Madison Ave. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10075 | Map It
- Phone: 212/744–4300
- Website: www.themarkhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 77th St./Lexington Ave.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 100 rooms, 50 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Heading to NYC for two glorious nights by myself the first week of May. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more