- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- convenient location
- fun in-hotel restaurant
- reasonably priced for neighborhood
- rooms on lower floors facing 58th Street can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
6 Columbus Review
A boutique-style hotel nestled in the shadow of the towering Time Warner center, 6 Columbus—part of the ever-proliferating Thompson Hotels group—offers the vibe and amenities of downtown lodging with the convenience of a more central Midtown location. The small, well-kept lobby has sleek, '60s-mod leather furniture and a view into the uptown branch of Blue Ribbon Sushi, the hotel's in-house eatery and a favorite lunch spot for nearby Time Warner and Hearst publishing employees. Rooms are stylish but comfortable—think cowhide rugs, art books, and flat-screen TVs. Some of the larger rooms feature pullout couches, making them good options for families. For a splurge, the duplex Penthouse Suite has floor-to-ceiling windows, two terraces, and killer views of Central Park.
- Address: 6 Columbus Circle, on 58th St. between 8th and 9th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/204–3000
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C, D to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 70 rooms, 18 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more