- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- convenient location
- fun in-hotel restaurant
- reasonably priced for neighborhood
- rooms on lower floors facing 58th Street can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
6 Columbus Review
This boutique-style hotel nestled in the shadow of the towering Time Warner center offers the vibe and amenities of downtown lodging with a convenience Midtown location. The small, well-kept lobby has sleek, '60s-mod leather furniture and a view into the uptown branch of Blue Ribbon Sushi, the hotel's in-house eatery and a favorite lunch spot for nearby Time Warner and Hearst publishing employees. Rooms are stylish but comfortable—think cowhide rugs, art books, and flat-screen TVs. Some of the larger rooms have pullout couches, making them good options for families. For a splurge, the duplex Penthouse Suite has floor-to-ceiling windows, two terraces, and killer views of Central Park.
- Address: 6 Columbus Circle, on 58th St. between 8th and 9th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/204–3000
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C, D to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 70 rooms, 18 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more