- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- convenient location
- fun in-hotel restaurant
- reasonably priced for neighborhood
- rooms on lower floors facing 58th Street can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
6 Columbus Review
A boutique-style hotel nestled in the shadow of the towering Time Warner center, 6 Columbus—part of the ever-proliferating Thompson Hotels group—offers the vibe and amenities of downtown lodging with the convenience of a more central Midtown location. The small, well-kept lobby has sleek, '60s-mod leather furniture and a view into the uptown branch of Blue Ribbon Sushi, the hotel's in-house eatery and a favorite lunch spot for nearby Time Warner and Hearst publishing employees. Rooms are stylish but comfortable—think cowhide rugs, art books, and flat-screen TVs. Some of the larger rooms feature pullout couches, making them good options for families. For a splurge, the duplex Penthouse Suite has floor-to-ceiling windows, two terraces, and killer views of Central Park.
- Address: 6 Columbus Circle, on 58th St. between 8th and 9th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/204–3000
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C, D to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 70 rooms, 18 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more