- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location
- fun dining options
- nice gym
- crowded lobby
- dark rooms
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Eventi Review
One of the new Kimpton properties to grace New York City, the Eventi adds a touch of hotel style just below Penn Station in an area desperately in need of new hotel options. The lobby has ornate teak woodwork and giant, eclectic artwork; guest rooms are spacious (if a bit dark), with comfortable beds and oversize bathrooms. A complimentary happy hour between 5 and 6 pm every evening brings hotel guests to the ground floor in droves. The hotel has invested heavily in dining options, including Brighton, adjacent to the hotel with kiosks featuring everything from dim sum to burgers, plus copious outdoor dining space (a real rarity in congested Midtown), and Humphrey, a farm to table restaurant on the second floor. An environmentally conscious hotel chain, the Eventi has been awarded four green keys by the Greek Key Eco-Rating Program.
- Address: 851 Avenue of the Americas, at 30th St. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10011 | Map It
- Phone: 866/996–8396
- Website: www.eventihotel.com
- Subway: N, R to 28th St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 236 rooms, 56 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more