- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
NU Hotel Brooklyn
At a Glance
- great Brooklyn launching pad
- knowledgeable staff
- fitness center open 24 hours
- subway or cab ride to anything in Manhattan
- bar area can be a little too quiet
- limited in-room amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
NU Hotel Brooklyn Review
The hip-yet-affordable NU, on one of Brooklyn's main nightlife and shopping streets, is perfect for visitors seeking a manageable taste of outer-borough New York—and the staff is eager to highlight the neighborhood's charms. Flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, and hookups for your iPod or laptop add to the above-average-size rooms, and the minimalist white and gray color scheme is punctuated with eco-friendly flourishes like cork floors and organic cotton sheets. Just off the small check-in area downstairs is a quiet bar that serves small plates of Spanish food at night and free pastries with Starbucks coffee in the morning—but more fun can be had outside the front door.
- Address: 85 Smith St., Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, NY 11201 | Map It
- Phone: 718/852–8585
- Website: www.nuhotelbrooklyn.com
- Subway: F to Bergen St.; A, C, G to Hoyt-Schermerhorn.
- Location: Downtown Brooklyn
- 87 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more