- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
NU Hotel Brooklyn
At a Glance
- great Brooklyn launching pad
- knowledgeable staff
- fitness center open 24 hours
- subway or cab ride to anything in Manhattan
- bar area can be a little too quiet
- limited in-room amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
NU Hotel Brooklyn Review
The hip-yet-affordable NU, on one of Brooklyn's main nightlife and shopping streets, is perfect for visitors seeking a manageable taste of outer-borough New York—and the staff is eager to highlight the neighborhood's charms. Flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, and hookups for your iPod or laptop add to the above-average-size rooms, though the minimalist white and gray color scheme (punctuated with eco-friendly flourishes like cork floors, organic cotton sheets, and lead-free paint) can feel chilly. Just off the small check-in area downstairs is a quiet bar that serves small plates of Spanish food at night and free pastries with Starbucks coffee in the morning—but more fun can be had outside the front door.
- Address: 85 Smith St., Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, NY 11201 | Map It
- Phone: 718/852–8585
- Website: www.nuhotelbrooklyn.com
- Subway: F to Bergen St.; A, C, G to Hoyt-Schermerhorn.
- Location: Downtown Brooklyn
- 87 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more