- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
At a Glance
- attentive service
- gorgeous spa
- great location
- quality dining
- street noise reported by guests on lower floors
Check Rates from our Partners
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue Review
Setting new standards for luxury, the towering, limestone-clad Langham Place, Fifth Avenue (formerly the Setai Fifth Avenue), was conceived as an opulent crash pad for wealthy overseas tourists, captains of industry on long-term stays, and anyone in need of some serious pampering. Every detail has been attended to, beginning with an intimate lobby in onyx, leather, and glass, where you'll be greeted by your "service stylist" (no old-school concierges here), who will attend to your every whim and desire. Standard rooms begin at a spacious 700 square feet, with giant hardwood closets and bathrooms with rain showers and soaking tubs. The large spa has an ice room and a Turkish-style hammam. Chef Michael White is behind the stove at Michelin-starred Ai Fiori.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more