- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Best Western Plus President Hotel
At a Glance
- sleek rooms for the price
- convenient location
- unique theme
- cramped lobby
- dark bathrooms
- poor views
Check Rates from our Partners
Best Western Plus President Hotel Review
The President is the only politically themed hotel in the city, starting with the purple color scheme, a combination of Republican red and Democratic blue. Portraits and other political-theme items are scattered throughout the renovated hallways and rooms—suites have Revolutionary War uniforms on freestanding body forms. Primary, the hotel bar, serves political-themed cocktails and is popular with an after-work crowd. Standard rooms are small with moody, colored lighting that attempts to make up for the lack of natural light (bathrooms are even darker). Guests get free access to the nearby New York Sports Club and, on request, preloaded iPods. There are two on-site restaurants: Saigon 48 for Vietnamese fare, and Aoki, a Japanese/sushi eatery.
- Address: 234 W. 48th St., between 8th Ave. and Broadway Times Square, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/246–8800; 800/828–4667
- Website: www.bestwestern.com
- Subway: C, E to 50th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 334 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more