- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Best Western Plus President Hotel
At a Glance
- sleek rooms for the price
- convenient location
- unique theme
- cramped lobby
- dark bathrooms
- poor views
Check Rates from our Partners
Best Western Plus President Hotel Review
The President is the only politically themed hotel in the city, starting with the purple color scheme, a combination of Republican red and Democratic blue. Portraits and other political-theme items are scattered throughout the renovated hallways and rooms—suites have Revolutionary War uniforms on freestanding body forms. Primary, the hotel bar, serves political-themed cocktails and is popular with an after-work crowd. Standard rooms are small with moody, colored lighting that attempts to make up for the lack of natural light (bathrooms are even darker). Guests get free access to the nearby New York Sports Club and, on request, preloaded iPods. There are two on-site restaurants: Saigon 48 for Vietnamese fare, and Aoki, a Japanese/sushi eatery.
- Address: 234 W. 48th St., between 8th Ave. and Broadway Times Square, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/246–8800; 800/828–4667
- Website: www.bestwestern.com
- Subway: C, E to 50th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 334 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more