- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- hot bar scene
- amazing decor in lounge
- great branch of weekend brunch favorite Café Gitane
- convenient neighborhood for downtown sightseeing
- impossibly tiny standard rooms
- shared bathrooms
- noise from the bar
Check Rates from our Partners
The Jane Review
To some, the Jane is impossibly chic; to others, the rooms are reminiscent of Sing Sing. The historic building housed survivors of the Titanic in 1912, and many feel the standard rooms resemble ships' cabins or railway cars. Standard rooms are 50 square feet, with single beds and a shared unisex bathroom down the hall—impossibly cramped for more than one person. Captain's Cabins are five times larger, with private baths and Hudson views. Off the small lobby, reminiscent of a Correspondent's Club in a former British colony, are the bar and ballroom, which have drawn controversy in the neighborhood because of their weekend popularity.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more