- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- in the heart of downtown
- great views from suites
- hip rooftop bar and pool
- occasionally snobby staff
- rooms stylish but dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Thompson LES Review
This hotel is a great emodiment of the neighborhood inhabitants: hip, but friendly when you get to know it. The two-story lobby bustles with Europeans, musicians, and others with carefully crafted hair. Rooms are stark, black-and-white affairs, with low platform beds whose headboards are light boxes displaying works by the photographer Lee Friedlander. The desk space can be cramped, and although the windows are big, come nighttime rooms can feel oppressively dark. Suites, on the building's corners, have balconies with sweeping views of both downtown and Midtown—some of the best in the city. The neighborhood is a nexus for nightlife, and the hotel's rooftop bar and pool a great place to start.
- Address: 190 Allen St., between Houston and Stanton Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/460–5300
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: F, J, M, Z to Delancey/Essex Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- 124 rooms, 17 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more