- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- in the heart of downtown
- great views from suites
- hip rooftop bar and pool
- occasionally snobby staff
- rooms stylish but dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Thompson LES Review
This hotel is a great emodiment of the neighborhood inhabitants: hip, but friendly when you get to know it. The two-story lobby bustles with Europeans, musicians, and others with carefully crafted hair. Rooms are stark, black-and-white affairs, with low platform beds whose headboards are light boxes displaying works by the photographer Lee Friedlander. The desk space can be cramped, and although the windows are big, come nighttime rooms can feel oppressively dark. Suites, on the building's corners, have balconies with sweeping views of both downtown and Midtown—some of the best in the city. The neighborhood is a nexus for nightlife, and the hotel's rooftop bar and pool a great place to start.
- Address: 190 Allen St., between Houston and Stanton Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/460–5300
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: F, J, M, Z to Delancey/Essex Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- 124 rooms, 17 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more