- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
At a Glance
- beautiful building
- beautiful people
- impressive restaurant space
- noisy at night
- tight rooms
- can be too sceney
Check Rates from our Partners
The Standard Review
André Balazs's architectural statement on the West Side is still one of New York's hottest hotels. It helps to have the High Line Park running underneath it, but the Standard earns much of the buzz in its own right, with a lobby full of glamorous types, an authentic beer garden (open year-round; dig the Ping Pong tables), and the 18th-floor nightclub that is one of the toughest doors in town. Rooms, with low platform beds, are on the small side (even by New York standards) but floor-to-ceiling windows add a sense of space. Some rooms have showers separated from the bedroom by little more than a glass partition. As you'd expect in a space (and neighborhood) that's so sceney, it can get loud at night. The Standard Grill restaurant, which is almost always packed, handles room service.
- Address: 848 Washington St., between W. 13th and Little W. 12th Sts. Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/645–4646
- Website: www.standardhotels.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 321 rooms, 17 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Heading to NYC for two glorious nights by myself the first week of May. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more