- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- beautiful building
- beautiful people
- impressive restaurant space
- noisy at night
- tight rooms
- can be too sceney
Check Rates from our Partners
The Standard Review
André Balazs's architectural statement on the West Side is still one of New York's hottest hotels. It helps to have the High Line Park running underneath it, but the Standard earns much of the buzz in its own right, with a lobby full of glamorous types, an authentic beer garden (open year-round; dig the Ping Pong tables), and the 18th-floor nightclub that is one of the toughest doors in town. Rooms, with low platform beds, are on the small side (even by New York standards) but floor-to-ceiling windows add a sense of space. Some rooms have showers separated from the bedroom by little more than a glass partition. As you'd expect in a space (and neighborhood) that's so sceney, it can get loud at night. The Standard Grill restaurant, which is almost always packed, handles room service.
- Address: 848 Washington St., between W. 13th and Little W. 12th Sts. Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/645–4646
- Website: www.standardhotels.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 321 rooms, 4 suites, 13 studios.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more