- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The GEM Hotel Chelsea
At a Glance
- great Chelsea location
- close to several subway lines
- coffeemakers in the room
- gym and business center, both on the lower level, feel like a work in progress
- rooms may be too small for some
Check Rates from our Partners
The GEM Hotel Chelsea Review
At this stylish, well-priced boutique hotel, the modern rooms are small but designed to make the most of limited space. And since you're in a handy location in Chelsea near some of New York's best art galleries, bars, and restaurants, you probably won't be spending much time in your room anyway. Clean and simple rooms offer great amenites for the price, including free Wi-Fi, a coffeemaker, and iPod docks. The hotel also supports local artists by displaying rotating works in the lobby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more