Fodor's New York City 25 Best
Though many swear by Grimaldi's for Brooklyn's best pie, this Park Slope pizza shop, which recently moved up Flatbush Avenue to a larger space, has developed a serious following of its own. The crisp, thin-crust pizzas run the gamut from a "naked" pie with olive oil and salt to their justly talked up clam-and-garlic iteration. Many of the toppings are seasonal and locally sourced. And they're creative: clams, 'nduja (spicy, spreadable sausage), chilies, and potatoes may adorn your pies. In the years since Franny's has opened, several other excellent quality artisanal pizza shops have opened in the neighborhood and around, but Franny's still draws lines at dinnertime.
- Address: 348 Flatbush Ave., Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, 11238 | Map It
- Phone: 718/230–0221
- Website: www.frannysbrooklyn.com
- Subway: B, Q to 7th Ave.; 2, 3 to Bergen St., 4, 5, N, R to Pacific St
- Location: Park Slope and Prospect Heights
- Reservations not accepted
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few of us bought tickets to go to a Mets game on July 4 as MLB was honoring the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's speech (http://www.fodors.com/community/fodorite-lounge/75-years-ago-tomorrow-lou-gehrig-made-a-great-speech.cf... Read more
Part One Manhattan Day 1 Wednesday April 30, 2014 Spring reportedly had sprung in New York City and surrounding areas, so... Read more