- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
An island of fine dining just a stone's throw from bustling Times Square, Aureole is the second act of a New York classic from Charlie Palmer and his executive chef, Marcus Gleadow. From the street, a curved second-story corridor hosting the restaurant's storied wine collection beckons. A welcoming front bar room serves a more casual, yet refined, menu with dishes like a cheddar-bacon burger with pickled ramp mayonnaise. The dining room, with its abundance of flowers, is the place to hobnob with expense-account diners and pretheater revelers. For dinner, starters like the sea-scallop "sandwich" topped with foie gras and passion-fruit coulis is a treat, and the $118 "parallel tasting" offers the menu's greatest hits, with an optional wine pairing. There is no à la carte option in the main dining room.
- Address: 135 W. 42nd St., between Broadway and 6th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/319–1660
- Website: www.charliepalmer.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St./Bryant Park; 1, 2, 3, 9, N, R, Q to 42nd St./Times Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more