- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- great views
- large rooms
- beautiful rooftop
- out-of-the-way location
- lobby can feel overly quiet at times
- street noise in lower-floor rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
If you want to be near Midtown but a bit removed from the hustle and bustle, this Kimpton hotel is a great option. Spacious, reasonably priced rooms, expansive views, a sceney rooftop bar and pool, and great service make up for a long three-avenue walk from the nearest subway; the hotel is also within range of Hell's Kitchen's increasing number of dining, nightlife, and shopping options. Rooms are accented in shades of deep red, with spacious bathrooms and eco-friendly bath products. Some suites have soaking tubs that are cheekily located in the bedrooms themselves. Though windows are double-paned, some street noise can intrude from the nearby West Side Highway, especially on lower floors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more