- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
On the Ave Hotel
At a Glance
- great dining options
- excellent value
- small charges add up
- location not ideal for all NYC visitors
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
On the Ave Hotel Review
At this tranquil Upper West Side property just off Broadway, decor is tasteful and modern and service is purposeful and professional. Rooms aren't especially large—they start at just 240 square feet—but for the price, they're quite spacious and nicely decorated with Aeron chairs, flat-screen TVs, and Trump-style black-marble bathrooms. However, nickel-and-dime charges for Internet, valet parking, and the use of a mini-refrigerator are a bit frustrating. Suites and lofts have impressive views of Central Park, and the proximity to Lincoln Center and iconic local gourmet supermarkets is another plus. The hotel is also home to the popular upscale pizza/Italian chainlet, Serafina.
- Address: 2178 Broadway, at W. 77th St., Upper West Side, New York, NY, 10024 | Map It
- Phone: 800/509-7598; 212/362-1100
- Website: www.ontheave-nyc.com
- Subway: 1 to 79th St.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 282 rooms, 23 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
I had not been in NYC for a few months and find bus ticket purchasing and use has changed. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps ... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more