- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
On the Ave Hotel
At a Glance
- great dining options
- excellent value
- small charges add up
- location not ideal for all NYC visitors
Check Rates from our Partners
On the Ave Hotel Review
At this tranquil Upper West Side property just off Broadway, decor is tasteful and modern and service is purposeful and professional. Rooms aren't especially large—they start at just 240 square feet—but for the price, they're quite spacious and nicely decorated with Aeron chairs, flat-screen TVs, and Trump-style black-marble bathrooms. However, nickel-and-dime charges for Internet, valet parking, and the use of a mini-refrigerator are a bit frustrating. Suites and lofts have impressive views of Central Park, and the proximity to Lincoln Center and iconic local gourmet supermarkets is another plus. The hotel is also home to the popular upscale pizza/Italian chainlet, Serafina.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more