- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Museum of Arts and Design
Museum of Arts and Design Review
In a funky-looking white building right across the street from the Time-Warner Center, the Museum of Arts and Design celebrates joyful quirkiness and personal, sometimes even obsessive, artistic visions. The art is human-scale here, much of it neatly housed in display cases rather than on the walls, with a strong focus on contemporary jewelry, glass, ceramic, fiber, wood, and mixed-media works. Recent exhibits included Out of Hand: Materializing the Postdigital, which examined the use of computer-assisted production in creative fields, and Body & Soul: New International Ceramics, which explored the use of ceramics to convey emotion. Thursday evening is a good time to drop by; the admission is pay-what-you-wish.
- Address: 2 Columbus Circle, 59th St. at 8th Ave. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/299–7777
- Cost: $16
- Hours: Tues., Wed., weekends 10–6, Thurs. and Fri. 10–9
- Website: www.madmuseum.org
- Subway: A, B, C, D, 1 to Columbus Circle/59th St.; N, Q, R to 57th St./7th Ave.; F to 57th St./6th Ave.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more