- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
New York Transit Museum
New York Transit Museum Review
Step down into a 1930s subway station, where you'll find more than 60,000 square feet devoted to the history of public transportation. Visitors can wander around the collection of vintage trains and turnstiles and sit behind the wheel of city buses. The old subway advertisements and signs are amusing. The gift store is a great place for N.Y.C.-theme souvenirs (there's also a shop at Grand Central).
- Address: Boerum Pl., at Schermerhorn St. Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201 | Map It
- Phone: 718/694–1600
- Cost: $7
- Hours: Tues.–Fri. 10–4, weekends 11–5
- Website: www.mta.info/museum
- Subway: 2, 3, 4, 5 to Borough Hall; A, C, G to Hoyt-Schemerhorn; A, C, F, N, R to Jay St.; N, R to Court St.
- Location: Downtown Brooklyn
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more