- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
New York Transit Museum
New York Transit Museum Review
Step down into a 1930s subway station, where you'll find more than 60,000 square feet devoted to the history of public transportation. Visitors can wander around the collection of vintage trains and turnstiles and sit behind the wheel of city buses. The old subway advertisements and signs are amusing. The gift store is a great place for N.Y.C.-theme souvenirs (there's also a shop at Grand Central).
- Address: Boerum Pl., at Schermerhorn St. Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201 | Map It
- Phone: 718/694–1600
- Cost: $7
- Hours: Tues.–Fri. 10–4, weekends 11–5
- Website: www.mta.info/museum
- Subway: 2, 3, 4, 5 to Borough Hall; A, C, G to Hoyt-Schemerhorn; A, C, F, N, R to Jay St.; N, R to Court St.
- Location: Downtown Brooklyn
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more