- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Room Mate Grace
At a Glance
- cool swimming pool lounge
- friendly, helpful staff
- small rooms
- little in-room privacy (no door separating shower from main room)
Check Rates from our Partners
Room Mate Grace Review
A favorite of European visitors and business travelers who work in fashion and entertainment, Grace delivers high-design lodgings on a budget. The decor is modern and playful—Jonathan Adler reflective wallpaper, bright geometric patterns, and a check-in desk that doubles as a newsstand. Guests and locals gravitate to the glowing lobby bar and swimming-pool lounge (a real glassed-in pool, with sauna and steam room) for cocktails and eye candy. Rooms are smallish—but smartly designed (comfortable beds are elevated on platforms, so luggage can be stored underneath) and well insulated from street noise. Room capacity varies from two to four people (in a quad bunk-bed layout—each bed with its own TV and headset), convenient for traveling with teenagers or kids.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more