- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location
- gracious staff
- kitchenettes in big rooms
- pets stay for free
- paid Internet and Wi-Fi
- boring views
- dull neighborhood after dark
Check Rates from our Partners
The Benjamin Review
NYC is often called the City that Never Sleeps, but if a good night's rest is essential for your visit, the Benjamin may be your choice accommodation—with a menu of 12 pillows to choose from (including buckwheat, water, and Swedish memory varieties), white-noise machines, and 500-thread-count sheets, they've got it covered. While awake, you can take advantage of the kitchenettes in some of the rooms, the handy location near Grand Central Terminal, and high-quality service from a friendly staff. The views, however—of a neighboring hotel—are a bit blah. The National restaurant downstairs serves modern bistro cuisine (and is the hotel's only free Internet option) in an airy setting.
- Address: 125 E. 50th St., at Lexington Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/715–2500
- Website: www.thebenjamin.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 112 rooms, 97 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more