- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location
- gracious staff
- kitchenettes in big rooms
- pets stay for free
- paid Internet and Wi-Fi
- boring views
- dull neighborhood after dark
Check Rates from our Partners
The Benjamin Review
NYC is often called the City that Never Sleeps, but if a good night's rest is essential for your visit, the Benjamin may be your choice accommodation—with a menu of 12 pillows to choose from (including buckwheat, water, and Swedish memory varieties), white-noise machines, and 500-thread-count sheets, they've got it covered. While awake, you can take advantage of the kitchenettes in some of the rooms, the handy location near Grand Central Terminal, and high-quality service from a friendly staff. The views, however—of a neighboring hotel—are a bit blah. The National restaurant downstairs serves modern bistro cuisine (and is the hotel's only free Internet option) in an airy setting.
- Address: 125 E. 50th St., at Lexington Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/715–2500
- Website: www.thebenjamin.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 112 rooms, 97 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more