- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location
- gracious staff
- kitchenettes in big rooms, pets stay for free
- paid Internet and Wi-Fi
- boring views
- dull neighborhood after dark
Check Rates from our Partners
The Benjamin Review
NYC is often called the City that Never Sleeps, but if a good night's rest is essential for your visit, the Benjamin may be your choice accommodation—with a menu of 12 pillows to choose from (including buckwheat, water, and Swedish memory varieties), white-noise machines, and 400-thread-count sheets, they've got it covered. While awake, you can take advantage of the kitchenettes in some of the rooms, the handy location near Grand Central Terminal, and high-quality service from a friendly staff. The views, however—of a neighboring hotel—are a bit blah and the bathrooms could stand to have more style. The National restaurant downstairs serves modern bistro cuisine (and is the hotel's only free Internet option) in an airy setting.
- Address: 125 E. 50th St., at Lexington Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/715–2500
- Website: www.thebenjamin.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 112 rooms, 97 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
my gf and I are leaving NYC Jan 19 and driving to Las Vegas, and flying back to nyc on Jan 1. Read more
· News & Features
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early ... Read more
Travel somewhere new each year, and you just might find yourself along the way.... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more