- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fette Sau Review
It might seem odd to go to a former auto-body repair shop to eat meat, but the funky building and outside courtyard seem just right for the serious 'cue served here. A huge wood-and-gas smoker delivers well-smoked brisket, sausages, ribs, and even duck, all ordered by the pound. Avoid the disappointing salads and sides, and instead choose from among the more than 40 American whiskeys and 10 microbrews. Come early, as tables fill up quickly, and even with 700 pounds of meat a night, the good stuff sometimes runs out by 9 pm. There's limited indoor seating.
- Address: 354 Metropolitan Ave., between Havemeyer and Roebling Sts. Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY 11211 | Map It
- Phone: 718/963–3404
- Hours: No lunch weekdays
- Website: fettesaubbq.com
- Subway: L to Lorimer St.
- Location: Williamsburg
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more