- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Roosevelt Hotel
At a Glance
- great public areas
- big bathrooms
- dated decor
- limited in-room amenities
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Roosevelt Hotel Review
Named after Teddy, not Franklin, this Midtown icon just steps from Grand Central has an ornate lobby with cushy couches and an old-school bar with heavy wood detailing that makes the place feel like it's from another time, and it should—the property dates from 1924. Happily the amenities don't hark back to that era, though rooms are a little tired: carpeting shows some wear, the art on the walls is chain-generic, and the bedding is blah, but the beds do have pillow-top mattresses, and the bathrooms are nice and big. The rooftop lounge, mad46, serves themed cocktails that include a "Teddy-tini."
- Address: 45 E. 45th St., at Madison Ave., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 888/833-3969; 212/661-9600
- Website: www.theroosevelthotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to Grand Central/42nd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 982 rooms, 33 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more