- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Roosevelt Hotel
At a Glance
- great public areas
- big bathrooms
- dated decor
- limited in-room amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roosevelt Hotel Review
Named after Teddy, not Franklin, this Midtown icon just steps from Grand Central has an ornate lobby with cushy couches and an old-school bar with heavy wood detailing that makes the place feel like it's from another time, and it should—the property dates from 1924. Happily the amenities don't hark back to that era, though rooms are a little tired: carpeting shows some wear, the art on the walls is chain-generic, and the bedding is blah, but the beds do have pillow-top mattresses, and the bathrooms are nice and big. The rooftop lounge, mad46, serves themed cocktails that include a "Teddy-tini."
- Address: 45 E. 45th St., at Madison Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 888/833–3969; 212/661-9600
- Website: www.theroosevelthotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to Grand Central/42nd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 982 rooms, 33 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more