- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Roosevelt Hotel
At a Glance
- great public areas
- big bathrooms
- comfortable rooftop lounge
- dated decor
- limited in-room amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roosevelt Hotel Review
Named after Teddy, not Franklin, this Midtown icon just steps from Grand Central has an ornate lobby with cushy couches and an old-school bar with heavy wood detailing that makes the place feel like it's from another time, and it should—the property dates from 1924. Happily the amenities don't hark back to that era, though rooms are a little tired: carpeting shows some wear, the art on the walls is chain-generic, and the bedding is blah, but the beds do have pillow-top mattresses, and the bathrooms are nice and big. The rooftop lounge, mad46, serves themed cocktails that include a "Teddy-tini."
- Address: 45 E. 45th St., at Madison Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 888/833–3969; 212/661-9600
- Website: www.theroosevelthotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to Grand Central/42nd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 963 rooms, 52 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more