- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Roosevelt Hotel
At a Glance
- great public areas
- big bathrooms
- comfortable rooftop lounge
- dated decor
- limited in-room amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roosevelt Hotel Review
Named after Teddy, not Franklin, this Midtown icon just steps from Grand Central has an ornate lobby with cushy couches and an old-school bar with heavy wood detailing that makes the place feel like it's from another time, and it should—the property dates from 1924. Happily the amenities don't hark back to that era, though rooms are a little tired: carpeting shows some wear, the art on the walls is chain-generic, and the bedding is blah, but the beds do have pillow-top mattresses, and the bathrooms are nice and big. The rooftop lounge, mad46, serves themed cocktails that include a "Teddy-tini."
- Address: 45 E. 45th St., at Madison Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 888/833–3969; 212/661-9600
- Website: www.theroosevelthotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to Grand Central/42nd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 963 rooms, 52 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more