- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hidden just steps from busy Union Square, Tocqueville is a refined dining oasis that's a secret even to many New York foodies. Enter through the austere reception area, past the heavy curtains and a six-seat bar, and you'll find the intimate dining area where chef-owner Marco Moreira's signature starter is the unctuous sea urchin angel-hair carbonara. Main courses are steeped in French tradition, but with international flavors like saffron-and-fennel-spiked grilled octopus, and smoked duck breast paired with baby bok choy and Asian pear. The three-course $29 prix-fixe lunch is the ultimate deal. Jacket and tie are recommended.
- Address: 1 E. 15th St., between 5th Ave. and Union Sq. W Union Square, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/647–1515
- Website: www.tocquevillerestaurant.com
- Subway: L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Union Square
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more