- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Marcel at Gramercy
At a Glance
- outdoor patio has spectacular views of the city
- good value
- elevators are slow
- some rooms are tight on space
- decor not to everyone's taste
Check Rates from our Partners
Marcel at Gramercy Review
The chic, affordable Marcel gives guests both style and substance in a prime location. The small lobby feels a bit like a swanky nightclub but is still comfortable for lounging. Rooms are fun and modern, with bright colors and animal-print design touches, Frette linens, and Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities. Lower-priced rooms are still a bit small for the price point, but a sleek redo a few years back added a much-needed zest to the decor. The 10th-floor lounge, with complimentary computer and Wi-Fi access, free coffee, and a connecting outdoor patio, offers respite from the bustling city below.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more