- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great access to the Theater District
- free continental breakfast and evening wine/cheese reception
- free Wi-Fi
- exercise facilities at nearby New York Sports Club, not on premises
- heavy tourist foot traffic
Check Rates from our Partners
Casablanca Hotel Review
A favorite for the comfortable rooms and great location, the Casablanca evokes the sultry Mediterranean. The lobby is outfitted with mirrors and mosaics, wooden blinds, and dainty little bistro tables—it's all rather theatrical, but then again, so is the neighborhood. Huge tiled bathrooms, all with windows, feature Baroness Cali amenities, and the rooms (there are also six slightly larger mini-suites) have soundproofed windows to limit noise from Times Square. On the second floor, music plays while guests linger in the spacious librarylike Rick's Café for the complimentary continental breakfast buffet and wine-and-cheese evenings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more