- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central Financial District location
- eye-popping lobby
- stylish room design
- small rooms for the price
- untraditional location
Check Rates from our Partners
Gild Hall Review
Captains of Industry, here's a boutique hotel for you: operated by the owners of the several Thompson hotels around the United States and elsewhere, Gild Hall aggressively courts those clientele with a Y chromosome: beds have padded leather headboards and tartan throw blankets. The rooms are small, but come with custom-made wood desks and tables. The Gold Street location, though slightly hard to find, is a short walk from downtown's central banks and businesses as well as two blocks from South Street Seaport and City Hall.
- Address: 15 Gold St., at Platt St. Financial District, New York, NY 10038 | Map It
- Phone: 212/232–7700; 800/268–0700
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, C to Fulton St./Broadway-Nassau.
- Location: Financial District
- 116 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more