- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central Financial District location
- eye-popping lobby
- stylish room design
- small rooms for the price
- untraditional location
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Gild Hall Review
Captains of Industry, here's a boutique hotel for you: operated by the owners of the several Thompson hotels around the United States and elsewhere, Gild Hall aggressively courts those clientele with a Y chromosome: beds have padded leather headboards and tartan throw blankets. The rooms are small, but come with custom-made wood desks and tables. The Gold Street location, though slightly hard to find, is a short walk from downtown's central banks and businesses as well as two blocks from South Street Seaport and City Hall.
- Address: 15 Gold St., at Platt St., Financial District, New York, NY, 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/232-7700; 800/268-0700
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, C to Fulton St./Broadway-Nassau.
- Location: Financial District
- 116 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
so i'm going to NYC in june and i'm coming in through penn station and going to be going to 373 fifth avenue around 3 pm and i was wondering how hard it would be to get a cab to the hotel from penn station. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. ... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more