- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central Financial District location
- eye-popping lobby
- stylish room design
- small rooms for the price
- untraditional location
Check Rates from our Partners
Gild Hall Review
Captains of Industry, here's a boutique hotel for you: operated by the owners of the several Thompson hotels around the United States and elsewhere, Gild Hall aggressively courts those clientele with a Y chromosome: beds have padded leather headboards and tartan throw blankets. The rooms are small, but come with custom-made wood desks and tables. The Gold Street location, though slightly hard to find, is a short walk from downtown's central banks and businesses as well as two blocks from South Street Seaport and City Hall.
- Address: 15 Gold St., at Platt St. Financial District, New York, NY 10038 | Map It
- Phone: 212/232–7700; 800/268–0700
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, C to Fulton St./Broadway-Nassau.
- Location: Financial District
- 116 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more