Fodor's New York City 25 Best
Check Rates from our Partners
The Bowery Hotel Review
The Bowery Hotel is like an English hunting lodge in Manhattan, warmed by rich tapestries, fireplaces, and chandeliers—and there's no shortage of Brits, who flock to the property; the only thing missing is a trusty hound. The mood created by the red-coated doormen, clubby bar, and trendy address makes this one of the hottest hotels—or lobbies, at least—of the moment. Sadly, rooms upstairs don't maintain the richness of the lobby: they're simple, with floor-to-ceiling industrial-style "factory windows" and Manhattan views. Rooms and suites with terraces have an outdoor shower and lounge chairs for relaxation with a city view. Gemma restaurant fronts the hotel and is a popular weekday dinner/weekend brunch spot.
Bowery Hot Spot
A lonely outpost on the Bowery when it opened a few years ago, the Bowery Hotel is now smack dab in the middle of some of the East Village's best nightlife. The after-hours theme continues inside, where the hotel mimics the feel of an English gentleman's club with leather couches and a roaring (if faux) fireplace. But instead of ascot-clad gentlemen, you'll find stylish young jetsetters traipsing through the Bowery's lounge and outdoor patio bar. Gemma, the expansive and cozy Italian restaurant that's part of the hotel, completes the Bowery's insular, yet cushy vibe.
- Address: 335 Bowery, at 3rd St., East Village, New York, NY, 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/505–9100
- Website: www.theboweryhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to Bleecker; B, D, F, M to Broadway/Lafayette
- Location: East Village
- 135 rooms, 25 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few of us bought tickets to go to a Mets game on July 4 as MLB was honoring the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's speech (http://www.fodors.com/community/fodorite-lounge/75-years-ago-tomorrow-lou-gehrig-made-a-great-speech.cf... Read more
Part One Manhattan Day 1 Wednesday April 30, 2014 Spring reportedly had sprung in New York City and surrounding areas, so... Read more