- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- complimentary coffee and tea 24/7
- renovated exercise room has flat-screen TVs
- free Wi-Fi in rooms
- noise seeps in from outside
- rooms are tasteful but spartan
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Metro Review
With mirrored columns and elegant black-and-white photos in the lobby, the Hotel Metro feels distinctively retro. Guests tend to hang out in the lounge, where coffee and tea are served all day, or in the adjacent library, a quiet nook with sofas and a desk. The restrained, tasteful rooms have tufted toffee-colored leather headboards and cushioned Art Deco chairs. The seasonal Metro Grill rooftop bar offers outstanding Empire State building views while the Metro Grill restaurant serves lunch and dinner year-round.
- Address: 45 W. 35th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10001 | Map It
- Phone: 212/947 2500
- Website: www.hotelmetronyc.com
- Subway: B, D, F, N, Q, R, M to 34th St./Herald Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- 162 rooms, 19 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more