- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- complimentary coffee and tea 24/7
- renovated exercise room has flat-screen TVs
- free Wi-Fi in rooms
- noise seeps in from outside
- rooms are tasteful but spartan
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Metro Review
With mirrored columns and elegant black-and-white photos in the lobby, the Hotel Metro feels distinctively retro. Guests tend to hang out in the lounge, where coffee and tea are served all day, or in the adjacent library, a quiet nook with sofas and a desk. The restrained, tasteful rooms were all renovated in 2011, with tufted toffee-colored leather headboards and cushioned Art Deco chairs. The seasonal Metro Grill rooftop bar offers outstanding Empire State building views while the Metro Grill restaurant serves lunch and dinner year-round.
- Address: 45 W. 35th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10001 | Map It
- Phone: 212/947 2500
- Website: www.hotelmetronyc.com
- Subway: B, D, F, N, Q, R, M to 34th St./Herald Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- 162 rooms, 19 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more