- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
This legendary New York-style parlor serves excellent pizza pies from its coal ovens. Although sometimes inconsistent, when they're good, the thin crisp crust is slightly blackened, and the fresh mozzarella oozes satisfyingly. Grimaldi's is still one of the city's premier pizza spots and, paired with a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, this is a top-notch New York experience. Grimaldi's popularity allows them to be picky: no slices, no reservations, no credit cards; and there are usually no empty tables so expect a wait. Impatient foodies have been known to phone in a to-go order, swoop past the lines, and then enjoy their pizza in the nearby Brooklyn Bridge Park.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Someone please remind me how, if I start on the JFK airtrain to Jamaica Station, I think I took the E subway from there to connect somehow to a 1,2,3 uptown to 98th and Broadway...thanks Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more