- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hill Country Review
This enormous barbecue joint is perfect for big groups and carnivorous appetites. The menu was devised by 'cue queen Elizabeth Karmel, and the current pit master has a championship knack for real Texas barbecue. The beef-centric menu features meaty ribs and exceptionally succulent slow-smoked brisket (check your diet at the door and go for the moist, fatty option). Plump pork sausages, in regular and jalapeño cheese versions, are flown in directly from Kreuz Market in Lockhart, Texas. The market-style setup can mean long lines for meat, sold by the pound, or ribs at cutter-manned stations. Bring your tray downstairs for a fine bourbon selection and nightly live music.
- Address: 30 W. 26th St., between Broadway and 6th Ave. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10010 | Map It
- Phone: 212/255–4544
- Website: www.hillcountryny.com
- Subway: N, R to 28th St.; 6 to 28th St.; F, M to 23rd St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more