- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hill Country Review
This enormous barbecue joint is perfect for big groups and carnivorous appetites. The menu was devised by 'cue queen Elizabeth Karmel, and the current pit master has a championship knack for real Texas barbecue. The beef-centric menu features meaty ribs and exceptionally succulent slow-smoked brisket (check your diet at the door and go for the moist, fatty option). Plump pork sausages, in regular and jalapeño cheese versions, are flown in directly from Kreuz Market in Lockhart, Texas. The market-style setup can mean long lines for meat, sold by the pound, or ribs at cutter-manned stations. Bring your tray downstairs for a fine bourbon selection and nightly live music.
- Address: 30 W. 26th St., between Broadway and 6th Ave., Flatiron District, New York, NY, 10010 | Map It
- Phone: 212/255-4544
- Website: www.hillcountryny.com
- Subway: N, R to 28th St.; 6 to 28th St.; F, M to 23rd St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Someone please remind me how, if I start on the JFK airtrain to Jamaica Station, I think I took the E subway from there to connect somehow to a 1,2,3 uptown to 98th and Broadway...thanks Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more