- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Momofuku Ssäm Bar
Momofuku Ssäm Bar Review
New York foodies have been salivating over chef David Chang's Asian-influenced fare since he opened his first restaurant, Momofuku, a Japanese noodle shop, in 2004, and Ssäm Bar, with a more extensive menu, is equally worth the raves. The restaurant is packed nightly with downtown diners cut from the same cloth as the pierced and tattooed waitstaff and cooks, and the no-reservation policy (except for large parties or special dinners) means you'll likely have to wait for a chance to try Chang's truly inventive flavor combinations. The menu is constantly changing but the not-to-be-missed riff on the classic Chinese steamed pork bun is almost always available. Have a nightcap at Chang's inventive cocktail bar, Booker & Dax, right around the corner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more