- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Empire Hotel
At a Glance
- great location next to Lincoln Center and blocks from Central Park
- beautiful rooftop pool and bar
- nice turndown service
- rooftop bar brings foot traffic through hotel lobby, plus noise to some rooms
- some rooms could use a refresh
- bathrooms are nicely designed but tiny
- pool is quite small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Empire Hotel Review
In a prime Upper West Side spot, the sophisticated Empire Hotel attracts locals for views from the rooftop pool and lounge area underneath the hotel's iconic red neon sign, while guests appreciate the rooms, which are a comfortable and chic escape from the bustle of the city. Rooms have fun design accents like animal-print chairs and amenities such as flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, and Frette linens. Ed Brown, formerly of Sea Grill and Eighty-One restaurants, runs Ed's Chowder House on the second floor.
- Address: 44 W. 63rd St., at Columbus Ave. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10023 | Map It
- Phone: 212/265–7400
- Website: www.empirehotelnyc.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 376 rooms, 50 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more