The Empire Hotel
At a Glance
- great location next to Lincoln Center and blocks from Central Park
- beautiful rooftop pool and bar
- nice turndown service
- rooftop bar brings foot traffic through hotel lobby, plus noise to some rooms
- some rooms could use a refresh
- bathrooms are nicely designed but tiny
- pool is quite small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Empire Hotel Review
In a prime Upper West Side spot, the sophisticated Empire Hotel attracts locals for views from the rooftop pool and lounge area underneath the hotel's iconic red neon sign, while guests appreciate the rooms, which are a comfortable and chic escape from the bustle of the city. Rooms have fun design accents like animal-print chairs and amenities such as flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, and Frette linens. Ed Brown, formerly of Sea Grill and Eighty-One restaurants, runs Ed's Chowder House on the second floor.
- Address: 44 W. 63rd St., at Columbus Ave., Upper West Side, New York, NY, 10023 | Map It
- Phone: 212/265–7400
- Website: www.empirehotelnyc.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C to 59th St./Columbus Circle
- Location: Upper West Side
- 376 rooms, 50 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in New York City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More