- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Time Hotel
At a Glance
- acclaimed and popular Serafina restaurant downstairs
- surprisingly quiet for Times Square location
- good turndown service
- decor makes the rooms a little dated
- service is inconsistent
- water pressure is lacking
Check Rates from our Partners
The Time Hotel Review
One of the neighborhood's first boutique hotels, this spot half a block from the din of Times Square tempers trendiness with a touch of humor. A ridiculously futuristic glass elevator transports guests to the second-floor lobby, and in the adjoining bar nature videos lighten up the low-slung, serious, gray-scale furnishings. The smallish guest rooms, each themed to one of the primary colors—red, yellow, or blue—have mood lighting that creates a unique, if slightly contrived, hotel experience. Whatever your primary color, they have Gilchrist & Soames bath products and modern, if not especially comfortable, beds and couches. In the trendy lounge, local DJs spin a fresh selection of music.
- Address: 224 W. 49th St., between Broadway and 8th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/246–5252; 877/846–3692
- Website: www.thetimeny.com
- Subway: 1, C, E to 50th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 164 rooms, 29 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more