The Time Hotel
At a Glance
- acclaimed and popular Serafina restaurant downstairs
- surprisingly quiet for Times Square location
- good turndown service
- decor makes the rooms a little dated
- service is inconsistent
- water pressure is lacking
Check Rates from our Partners
The Time Hotel Review
One of the neighborhood's first boutique hotels, this spot half a block from the din of Times Square tempers trendiness with a touch of humor. A ridiculously futuristic glass elevator transports guests to the second-floor lobby, and in the adjoining bar nature videos lighten up the low-slung, serious, gray-scale furnishings. The smallish guest rooms, each themed to one of the primary colors—red, yellow, or blue—have mood lighting that creates a unique, if slightly contrived, hotel experience. Whatever your primary color, they have Gilchrist & Soames bath products and modern, if not especially comfortable, beds and couches. In the trendy lounge, local DJs spin a fresh selection of music.
- Address: 224 W. 49th St., between Broadway and 8th Ave., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/246–5252; 877/846–3692
- Website: www.thetimeny.com
- Subway: 1, C, E to 50th St
- Location: Midtown West
- 164 rooms, 29 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in New York City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More