- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Time Hotel
At a Glance
- acclaimed and popular Serafina restaurant downstairs
- surprisingly quiet for Times Square location
- good turndown service
- decor makes the rooms a little dated
- service is inconsistent
- water pressure is lacking
Check Rates from our Partners
The Time Hotel Review
One of the neighborhood's first boutique hotels, this spot half a block from the din of Times Square tempers trendiness with a touch of humor. A ridiculously futuristic glass elevator transports guests to the second-floor lobby, and in the adjoining bar nature videos lighten up the low-slung, serious, gray-scale furnishings. The smallish guest rooms, each themed to one of the primary colors—red, yellow, or blue—have mood lighting that creates a unique, if slightly contrived, hotel experience. Whatever your primary color, they have Gilchrist & Soames bath products and modern, if not especially comfortable, beds and couches. In the trendy Time Lounge, local DJs spin a fresh selection of music.
- Address: 224 W. 49th St., between Broadway and 8th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/246–5252; 877/846–3692
- Website: www.thetimeny.com
- Subway: 1, C, E to 50th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 164 rooms, 29 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
I know ultimately, it's up to me, but I want some insight from people in other states! Read more
· News & Features
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear. ... Read more
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more