- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rustic simplicity is the theme at this bustling West Village eatery, where many of the dishes come from the wood-burning oven in the dining room. Fish is always a good choice here, be it baked skate or pan-roasted cod, and meaty entrées like the pork chop or dry-aged sirloin are excellently cooked. Starters are more inventive; try the tarte flambé, an Alsatian flat bread topped with onion, bacon, and crème fraîche. Wood-planed floors and an arched cork ceiling envelop the busy 40-seat dining room; you can also dine at the bar. For a quieter meal, ask for a table in the glass-enclosed 15-seat atrium in back.
- Address: 359 Bleecker St., at Charles St. West Village, New York, NY 10014-2624 | Map It
- Phone: 212/929–8727
- Website: www.augustny.com
- Subway: 1 to Christopher St./Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M to W. 4th St.
- Location: West Village
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more