- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chef-owner Bill Telepan's eponymous eatery has brought some much-needed culinary zing to the Upper West Side (and it's a great place to go before Lincoln Center). The greenmarket-driven menu is heavy on the veggies (the seasonal vegetable starter wakes your palate right up), but fish lovers and first-timers should hook into the signature starter, the smoked trout paired with sweet apple sour cream. Anything on the menu that contains eggs, like the "egg-in-a-hole" served with spinach and hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, is worth a try. There's the usual presence of foie gras and pork belly but Telepan does seafood very well (try the scallops). For dessert, a crunchy peanut-butter and gianduja duo with peanut brittle ice cream is sublime.
- Address: 72 W. 69th St., between Columbus Ave. and Central Park W Upper West Side, New York, NY 10023-5212 | Map It
- Phone: 212/580–4300
- Website: www.telepan-ny.com
- Subway: 1 to 66th St./Lincoln Center; 1, 2, 3 to 72nd St.; B, C to 72nd St.
- Location: Upper West Side
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon. and Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more