- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Del Posto Review
Much more formal than Babbo, Del Posto is Mario Batali's grown-up venue (in partnership with Lidia and Joe Bastianich), and the dining room—with its sweeping staircase, formal decor, and live tinkling from a baby grand—has the feel of an opulent hotel lobby. This is one of the most consistently dazzling special-occasion spots in the city and the food is stellar. There are a variety of set menus to choose from (no à la carte): pitch-perfect risotto is made fresh to order for two people or more; meat dishes like roasted veal chops are standout, and pastas are ethereal—all with Old World table-side service. For a smaller taste of the experience, come for a cocktail and sample the bargain bar menu.
- Address: 85 10th Ave., between 15th and 16th Sts. Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10004-2436 | Map It
- Phone: 212/497–8090
- Website: www.delposto.com
- Subway: A, C, E to 14th St.; L to 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Tues.–Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more