- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Aquavit and Aquavit Café
Aquavit and Aquavit Café Review
Celebrity chef and co-owner Marcus Samuelsson may no longer be in the kitchen here, but you'd never know it from the impeccable cuisine and service at this fine-dining restaurant and upscale café, now in the hands of able executive chef Marcus Jenmark. The elegant atmosphere features warm woods and modern decor from a Scandinavian design team. Dishes can be ordered à la carte or you can opt for the $95 five-course dinner. Standout dishes include foie gras paired with liquorice, lamb and sweet potato, and, for dessert, smoked vanilla creme brulee. Head to the sumptuous bar area to sample housemade aquavit.
- Address: 65 E. 55th St., between Madison and Park Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022-3219 | Map It
- Phone: 212/307–7311
- Website: www.aquavit.org
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sat.; closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more