- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Aquavit and Aquavit Café
Aquavit and Aquavit Café Review
Celebrity chef and co-owner Marcus Samuelsson may no longer be in the kitchen here, but you'd never know it from the impeccable cuisine and service at this fine-dining restaurant and upscale café, now in the hands of able executive chef Marcus Jenmark. The elegant atmosphere features warm woods and modern decor from a Scandinavian design team. Dishes can be ordered à la carte or you can opt for the $85 four-course dinner. Standout dishes include scallops paired with sea urchin, gravlax topped with shaved foie gras, and wild mushrooms in a polenta emulsion. Head to the sumptuous bar area to sample housemade aquavit.
- Address: 65 E. 55th St., between Madison and Park Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022-3219 | Map It
- Phone: 212/307–7311
- Website: www.aquavit.org
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sat.; closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more