- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Aquavit and Aquavit Café
Aquavit and Aquavit Café Review
Celebrity chef and co-owner Marcus Samuelsson may no longer be in the kitchen here, but you'd never know it from the impeccable cuisine and service at this fine-dining restaurant and upscale café, now in the hands of able executive chef Marcus Jenmark. The elegant atmosphere features warm woods and modern decor from a Scandinavian design team. Dishes can be ordered à la carte or you can opt for the $95 five-course dinner. Standout dishes include foie gras paired with liquorice, lamb and sweet potato, and, for dessert, smoked vanilla creme brulee. Head to the sumptuous bar area to sample housemade aquavit.
- Address: 65 E. 55th St., between Madison and Park Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022-3219 | Map It
- Phone: 212/307–7311
- Website: www.aquavit.org
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sat.; closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more