- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Pod Hotel
At a Glance
- great prices
- fun design
- if you're prone to claustrophobia, you may want to reconsider
Check Rates from our Partners
The Pod Hotel Review
This is the hotel that made bunk beds cool again. By offering spotless stainless-steel bunks with pullout flat-screen TVs, the Pod makes tiny, tiny rooms tolerable. If you can handle cramped quarters, this is one of the best deals in town (and it seems spacious compared with the Jane hotel). About half the rooms have standard queen beds and private bath. The rooms, starting at a meager 100 square feet, borrow space-saving ideas from mass transit, with sink consoles like those in an airplane restroom and built-in shelves tucked under the beds. In return for the lack of space you get a convenient location and modern amenities like in-room iPod docking stations and free Wi-Fi. The common areas are cheerful and modern, with an outdoor bar-café and a stylish roof deck, but don't expect luxe linens or fab toiletries. Do expect to book well in advance, as budget-minded hipsters and stylish thrifty folk of all ages keep this hotel hopping.
- Address: 230 E. 51st St., between 2nd and 3rd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/355–0300; 800/742–5945
- Website: www.thepodhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 350 rooms, 195 with bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more