- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Pod Hotel
At a Glance
- great prices
- fun design
- if you're prone to claustrophobia, you may want to reconsider
- some shared baths
Check Rates from our Partners
The Pod Hotel Review
If cramped quarters don't bother you, this is one of the best deals in town. The rooms, starting at a meager 100 square feet, borrow space-saving ideas from mass transit, with sink consoles like those in an airplane restroom and built-in shelves under the beds, making the close quarters livable. Some rooms have standard queen beds and private baths; others have twins or spotless stainless steel bunks with pullout flat-screen TVs. All come with amenities like iPod docking stations and free Wi-Fi. The location is convenient, and common areas are cheerful and modern, with an outdoor bar-café and a stylish roof deck, but don't expect luxe linens or fab toiletries. Book well in advance, as stylish thrifty folk of all ages keep this hotel hopping.
- Address: 230 E. 51st St., between 2nd and 3rd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/355–0300; 800/742–5945
- Website: www.thepodhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 345 rooms, 189 with private bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more