- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Pod Hotel
At a Glance
- great prices
- fun design
- if you're prone to claustrophobia, you may want to reconsider
- some shared baths
Check Rates from our Partners
The Pod Hotel Review
If cramped quarters don't bother you, this is one of the best deals in town. The rooms, starting at a meager 100 square feet, borrow space-saving ideas from mass transit, with sink consoles like those in an airplane restroom and built-in shelves under the beds, making the close quarters livable. Some rooms have standard queen beds and private baths; others have twins or spotless stainless steel bunks with pullout flat-screen TVs. All come with amenities like iPod docking stations and free Wi-Fi. The location is convenient, and common areas are cheerful and modern, with an outdoor bar-café and a stylish roof deck, but don't expect luxe linens or fab toiletries. Book well in advance, as stylish thrifty folk of all ages keep this hotel hopping.
- Address: 230 E. 51st St., between 2nd and 3rd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/355–0300; 800/742–5945
- Website: www.thepodhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 345 rooms, 189 with private bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more