- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Financier Patisserie Review
On the cobblestone pedestrian street that has become the Financial District's restaurant row, this charming patisserie serves excellent pastries and delicious savory foods, like mushroom bisque, salads, and hot or cold sandwiches (we have cravings for the panini pressed with prosciutto, fig jam, mascarpone, and arugula). After lunch, relax with a cappuccino and a financier (almond tea cake), or an elegant pastry. In warm weather, perch at an outdoor table and watch Manhattanites buzz by. There are locations all over town.
- Address: 62 Stone St., between Mill La. and Hanover Sq. Financial District, New York, NY 10004-2604 | Map It
- Phone: 212/344–5600
- Website: www.financierpastries.com
- Subway: 2, 3 to Wall St.; 4, 5 to Bowling Green.
- Location: Financial District
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 3-4 World Financial Center, Lower Manhattan, New York, NY, 10281, 212/786–3220
- Liberty Plaza, 35 Cedar St., beween Pearl and William Sts., Lower Manhattan, New York, NY, 10005, 212/952–3838
- 983 1st Ave., at 54th St., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10022, 212/419–0100
- 1211 6th Ave., at 48th St., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10036, 212/381–4418
- Grand Central Station, 87 E. 42nd St., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10017, 212/973–1010
- 2 Astor Place, East Village, New York, NY, 10003, 212/228–2787
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more