- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant
Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant Review
Nestled deep in the belly of Grand Central Station, the vast Oyster Bar has been a worthy seafood destination since 1913, and it's still a worthy destination, whether you're about to catch a train or craving seafood. Sit at the counter for the fried oyster po'boy or to slurp an assortment of bracingly fresh oysters before having a steaming bowl of clam chowder washed down with an ice-cold beer. This is also the place to experience the pleasure of fresh, unadorned seafood such as lobster with drawn butter or grilled herring in season—generally a better option than anything that sounds too complicated, like cream-smothered seafood pan roasts.
- Address: Grand Central Station, dining concourse, E. 42nd St., at Vanderbilt Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/490–6650
- Website: www.oysterbarny.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more