- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
The Four Seasons
The Four Seasons Review
The landmark Seagram Building houses one of America's most famous restaurants, truly an only-in–New York experience. Owners Alex Von Bider and Julian Niccolini supervise the seating chart like hawks, placing power players in finance, entertainment, and New York society in prime positions for maximum visibility. The stark Grill Room, birthplace of the power lunch, has one of the best bars in New York (and the $28 two-course bar lunch is a steal). Illuminated trees and a gurgling Carrara marble pool characterize the more romantic Pool Room. The menu changes seasonally; there's a $75 prix-fixe pretheater dinner—a delicious indulgence. You can't go wrong with classic dishes like Dover sole, filet mignon, or crispy duck, but the restaurant moves with the times, so expect seasonal specials featuring luxe ingredients and preparations.
- Address: 99 E. 52nd St., between Park and Lexington Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022-5905 | Map It
- Phone: 212/754–9494
- Website: www.fourseasonsrestaurant.com
- Subway: E, M to Lexington Ave./53rd St.; 6 to 51st St.
- Location: Midtown East
- Jacket required.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Heading to NYC for two glorious nights by myself the first week of May. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more