- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- free Wi-Fi
- great gym
- close to Central Park
- inconsistent room size
- some guests report uncomfortable pillows
Check Rates from our Partners
The Lucerne Review
Service is the strong suit at this landmark-facaded hotel, whose exterior has more pizzazz than the predictable guest rooms decorated with dark-wood reproduction furniture and chintzy bedspreads. Health-conscious adults will appreciate the gym on the top floor, with its city views; downstairs, the Mediterranean restaurant Nice Matin is a popular draw (ask about a guest discount). The affluent residential neighborhood has an impressive array of boutiques and gourmet food shops, and the American Museum of Natural History is a short walk away.
- Address: 201 W. 79th St., at Amsterdam Ave. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10024 | Map It
- Phone: 212/875–1000; 800/492–8122
- Website: www.thelucernehotel.com
- Subway: 1 to 79th St.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 163 rooms, 37 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more