- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- free Wi-Fi
- great gym
- close to Central Park
- inconsistent room size
- some guests report uncomfortable pillows
Check Rates from our Partners
The Lucerne Review
Service is the strong suit at this landmark-facaded hotel, whose exterior has more pizzazz than the predictable guest rooms decorated with dark-wood reproduction furniture and chintzy bedspreads. Health-conscious adults will appreciate the gym on the top floor, with its city views; downstairs, the Mediterranean restaurant Nice Matin is a popular draw (ask about a guest discount). The affluent residential neighborhood has an impressive array of boutiques and gourmet food shops, and the American Museum of Natural History is a short walk away.
- Address: 201 W. 79th St., at Amsterdam Ave. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10024 | Map It
- Phone: 212/875–1000; 800/492–8122
- Website: www.thelucernehotel.com
- Subway: 1 to 79th St.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 163 rooms, 37 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more