- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hôtel Plaza Athénée
At a Glance
- discerning service
- fabulous hotel bar
- lobby can feel dark
- Wi-Fi costs extra
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Plaza Athénée Review
Positioned unobtrusively by Central Park on the Upper East Side, the Plaza Athénée (now related in name only to its Parisian cousin) makes stellar service a priority, with a personal sit-down check-in off to the side of the lobby, and extravagant in-room dining service with an old-world feel: white tablecloths, candles, and flowers are part of the deal. Rooms have big bathrooms and refined, if nondescript, furnishings and linens. The hotel may seem stuffy to younger visitors but to others it's a welcome dose of old-school luxury. Bar Seine is a fabulously dark and secretive hideaway, and surely the only bar in New York with a floor made of leather. Arabelle is a much-touted, if not particularly well-loved restaurant in need of a menu face-lift or celeb-chef infusion.
- Address: 37 E. 64th St., at Madison Ave. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10065 | Map It
- Phone: 212/734–9100; 212/606–4600
- Website: www.plaza-athenee.com
- Subway: 6 to 68th St./Hunter College.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 117 rooms, 25 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
I'm going to an NBA game in Feb and looking at the Garden and re-sale sites there isn't a lot of info about sight lines etc.
I'm willing to spend enough to get downstairs but not enough for the primo sections Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more