- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- business center
- 24-hour gym
- great bar
- small rooms and bathrooms
- air conditioners are window units
Check Rates from our Partners
The Mansfield Review
They sweat the small stuff at the Mansfield: Wi-Fi is free, bathroom products are from Aveda, and even the key cards are snazzily embossed with scenes of old-timey New York. Built in 1904 as lodging for distinguished bachelors, this small, clubby property has an Edwardian sensibility that shows in details like the working fireplace in the lounge, the lobby's coffered ceiling, and a marble-and-cast-iron staircase. "Small" and "clubby" extends to the "petite" rooms, too—110 square feet, with ultrasuede headboards and microscopic bathrooms. The intimate M Bar, lined with books and leather banquettes, is one of the nicer hotel bars in town.
- Address: 12 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/277-8700; 800/255–5167
- Website: www.mansfieldhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 99 rooms, 27 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more